FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF Win-EQF*
Win-EQF* comes packed with useful features, but in order to be convinced you'll have to try it yourself.
In case you don't care for a "test drive" - have a look at a few screenshots. We stick to the "old-fashioned" character mode in order to provide an uncluttered and efficient logging screen. No popping windows, no moving frames, no fuzz - just pure performance QSO logging. All the information and functionality you need is there - only a few keystrokes away.
- Easy-to-use menus, with mouse or keyboard commands for commonly-used items.
- Previous QSO information presented automatically as soon as callsign is typed.
- Radio interface for control and display of any computer-ready rig's frequency and model.
- Switch between two stations (rig, CW, rotator, and antenna switch) quickly while logging.
- PacketCluster(tm) tracks DX spots using TNC, the DX-Telnet program or a direct telnet connection.
- Complete TNC terminal program including a monitor window, shortcuts, and file transfers.
- Name and QTH lookup from HamQTH.com, Buckmaster HAMCALL, SAM, QRZ.com, and Radio Amateur Callbook databases (requires separate license/registration).
- DXCC country, CQ & ITU zone, and continent from callsign.
- QSL manager retrieved automatically from the GOLIST program (requires separate GOLIST license).
- Beam headings calculated automatically from your QTH.
- DXCC, WAX, WAS, WPX, VUCC, Counties, Ten-Ten award tracking.
- Notepads for each logbook entry allow up to six full lines of comments during a QSO.
- Selectable date format.
- Automatic or manual UTC time adjustments.
- Rotator control for popular brands.
- CW keyboard and memory keyer using COM or LPT port, or WINKEY.
- Voice keyer control for external units such as the W9XT Contest Card.
- Antenna switch control using an LPT port.
- Contest support with QSO rate and Multiplier tracking, and Cabrillo results generation.
- Edit or delete any QSO entry easily.
- Search or sort logbook by any field in the logbook.
- Print logbooks or QSL/SWL/address labels.
- Supports dedicated label printers (such as the Brother QL-570).
- Import and export between Win-EQF* and other popular formats, including ADIF, dBASE, and Cabrillo.
- Well-documented, plain-text file format - your QSO data belongs to you, even 50 years into the future - not locked into some obscure proprietary database format.
- Free upgrades downloadable from the Win-EQF* web site, for the current major version (v. 2.xx).
- Runs on any PC using Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Win7 (Win32).
- Integrates with DX Atlas for easy lookup of approximate location / grid square of the station you're working.
- Integrates with Google Maps for easy lookup of approximate location of the station you're working.
- Integrates with HAM Cap for propagation prediction.
- VOACAP propagation path and area predictions available via keyboard shortcuts.
- Pass your on-screen QSO data to third-party programs.
- QSO data interface for instant import of digimode-QSOs logged with the MixW software.
- With data provided by the GOLIST and/or QRZ.com, Win-EQF* informs you whether a station is a known LoTW user.
- Easy exports to the LoTW (the included LoTWUploader helper application will use the TQSL utility to sign the ADIF file and then submit the file via web upload or email).
- Sound backup and restore routines. Also includes backup of all your program settings.
- Printable user's manual (PDF).
Please note: Win-EQF* supports a number of the popular contests, but its main design goal is to be a user-friendly and efficient general-purpose logger. If you're a hardcore contester, you'll probably prefer a special-purpose contest logger such as N1MM Logger or SD by EI5DI. For the casual contester, though, Win-EQF* will probably be sufficient.
Some of the features require an operational internet connection.